Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Day!

Well, today I had my first day of school. I saw the world at 6am, and it actually wasn't too bad. The trees weren't on fire and the monsters must have gone to sleep already. We will see if they keep that up...
Anyway, as with most first days of schools, the first day was a bunch of "HI! Here is what to expect!" I'm sure tomorrow will be a little more interesting.
I'm hoping that having a college degree isn't going to hurt my binding with fellow classmates. I stole a peek at my neighbor's schedule, and she was booked for 2 or 3 more classes, while I left after 2. I'm not complaining, but networking seems to be dang important... I'll just have to hang out in the library more often or something.
I did manage to secure a theatre connection already though. One of the ladies in my classes went to school with one of my fellow backstage crew members way back in the day. She also had worked at the Ren Fest and mentioned not to eat the food there. It can't be THAT bad, right? Er.... One of the Chefs also mentioned that he once worked in a pickle factory and said we should never eat relish. Eat the big pickles, but never, ever eat relish. I may ask him to elaborate on that sometime. Could that be the reason relish and hot dogs go so well together?
Also, we got our other 4 uniforms today and learned how to tie the cravat. We were given every book we will need at once (the bag weighed at least 60 pounds) and were told we will get our knives tomorrow. I am excited for tomorrow!
Until then, I will read my 2 chapters of homework and try to remember how to retain knowledge.

The BS Chef

2 comments:

  1. Good start!

    You're not a naturally shy person, I doubt you'll have any difficulty networking. Besides, you aren't supposed to talk in class!

    ReplyDelete