
Today was fun! Now I'm in Culinary Foundations 2, and we are cooking something every day. It is great to get the hands on experience, as I'm much better at that than just sitting...
Today was Roasted Chicken with Chasseur Sauce and a side of Rice. Deeeelish!
I learned something that I do quite well. Time management when cooking. It just makes sense to me how to lay out the order of food prep to make solid use of the time. Like when you are making rice, start the water boiling right away, then work on making the chicken nummy, then worry about making the sauce, since you are waiting for the chicken to cook. It all worked out great and we got to eat too! Yummers!
I also learned that the school has a whole bunch of my favorite bandages! Zee brand. Extreme Length. Oh-Yeah. It seems silly, but it is so annoying when you cut your finger and need to continue working with your hands. You are bleeding a bit and the damn bandage falls off. Grrr....... These Extreme-Length bandages have double the adhesive fabric length on one side, so you can get a double wrap! Man, I was so happy to see them after I reached into the wash sink and grabbed someone's knife. Rule #1. DO NOT LET GO OF YOUR KNIFE WHEN YOU ARE WASHING. I don't care if you are standing right there washing your spoon. You don't drop it in the soapy liquid. Dumbass. I'm fine, but was very annoyed for a bit.
Anyway, tomorrow we are working on tomato sauces. I kind of wish we had red uniforms instead of while...
The BS Chef
Um, YUM! Looks delish!
ReplyDeleteLooks wonderful! Can't wait to hear about the tomatoes. I have 20 lbs. of them in my kitchen right now!
ReplyDelete