A lot has happened in the last week or so. First off, the basement got quite a bit of water flowing into it from the rain. Of course, the easiest place for the water to flow was right under my computer, so I have been off line for a while.
Now...last Friday was my last day at the theatre. It really wasn't as weird as I thought it would be. I know I will be in contact with all those people and will enjoy going to see all the wonderful plays they will continue making. I turned in my keys, grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked out to my car. That chapter ended and I turned the page to find the next chapter, which starts Monday.
This week, I am working at the local University being a chaperone for an intensive theatre camp. There are 20 students who will be going to college in the next couple years and I have to make sure they are good at night.... So far, so good! It is really great seeing the energy of the next generation of theatre people. They are fresh eyed and have the drive I know they will need. They pace the halls, muttering lines to themselves. Really, it is making me quite happy.
Monday, I have orientation for my new school. I really don't know what to expect. I hope they have decided I don't need to take generals, being that I have a FRICKING DEGREE, but so it goes... I hope I get my knife kit, so I can get to know them all. I also have a large gift card to a nice kitchen store from my friends at the theatre, but I want to see what is in the kit before I go shopping. I'm sure it will be something sharp, and I will post pictures!! Yay!
Nothing deep here. I'm merely floating inbetween gigs, in a near freefall. I know I will land pretty much on my feet, 'cause that is how I roll....but I just don't quite know when or how.
Peace out
The BS Chef
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
<3
ReplyDeleteRolling is good...
ReplyDelete